Week 12 Fantasy Football Dynasty Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Nov 19, 2019
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less in Yahoo leagues who SHOULD be owned in more leagues. We discuss 3 players per position that we think should be owned in both shallow AND deep leagues for Week 12 and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: We have switched it up and ADDED a "Handcuff" Running Back list.
1. Ryan Tannehill (21% owned) - Since taking over the starting job in Week 7, Tannehill has been a solid fantasy asset. Over the past 4 games, Tannehill has averaged 254 yards and 2 TDs. He has no more BYE weeks to worry about PLUS he has a friendly fantasy schedule for the rest of the season (Jax, Ind, Oak, Hou, NO, and Hou).
2. Jacoby Brissett (38% owned) - Brissett returned from his Week 10 knee injury to the tune of 148 yards and a TD. Not great BUT considering Mack will be out indefinitely with a broken hand, I can see more work placed on Brissett's shoulders.
3. Jeff Driskel (3% owned) - Since taking over the starting duties, Driskel has averaged 239 passing yards, 44 rushing yards, 1.5 passing TDs, and even rushed for a TD last game. He's looking like a solid floor play in DEEP leagues for his rushing ability.
1. Jonathan Williams (3% owned) - The next two guys on this list (Williams and Scarbrough) are going to be on EVERY waiver wire article WITH GOOD REASON. Mack was having a career year before going down with a broken hand. Williams filled in ADMIRABLY after Mack went down to the tune of 13 caries for 116 yards and even added one catch for 31 yards. This is officially his backfield and needs to be the #1 waiver wire add this week.
2. Bo Scarbrough (1% owned) - I had a feeling that Patricia would give Scarbrough 5-8 carries after promoting him BUT to get 14 carries fresh off the practice squad was insane! With Bo Scarbrough, J.D. McKissic, and Ty Johnson forming a RB committee in Detroit, it'll be hard to fully trust Scarbrough BUT I'm willing to roll the dice and use a high waiver priority to see what happens next.
3. Kalen Ballage (37% owned) - CALLING ALL DESPERATE FANTASY OWNERS: Ballage is available in 63% of fantasy leagues. He's not very good, but he's getting consistent touches and if you're in desperate need of a RB or FLEX play for next week and beyond, you could TECHNICALLY do worse than Ballage.
It's officially Handcuff SZN! The following Running Backs are widely available across Yahoo leagues and DESERVE to be owned in case of an injury. If you have room at the end of your bench then you should consider stashing one more more of these guys. Even if you don't own any of the top stud running backs, you should consider adding these guys as a potential playoff lottery ticket.
Reggie Bonnafon (2%)
Alexander Mattison (29%)
Tony Pollard (12%)
Rashaad Penny (20%)
Gus Edwards (7%)
1. Darius Slayton (25% owned) - With Shepherd possibly missing the rest of the season with concussion issues, Slayton is looking like a value pickup for the rest of the year. Before his Week 11 BYE, Slayton enjoyed a game where he saw 14 targets for 10 catches, 121 yards and 2 TDs. WOW! Give him a look as a WR3/FLEX play for the rest of the season or as long as Shepherd is sidelined.
UPDATE: Sterling Shepherd (40% owned) returned to practice on Monday, which is an encouraging sign. He may be worth a speculative pickup along with Slayton. I still believe Slayton will have value if Shepherd returns. Keep an eye on this situation.
2. Randall Cobb (27% owned) - For the past two games, Cobb is averaging 7.5 targets for 5 catches, 111 yards and a TD. Those are VALUABLE numbers, and he is looking like Dak's safety valve, which holds solid value.
3. Tim Patrick (0% owned) - Patrick returned from IR to make his season debut where he saw 8 targets for 4 catches and 77 yards. He's 6'4 and already has the trust of Broncos QB Brandon Allen. He's looking like a fine pickup in deeper leagues.
1. Ryan Griffin (3% owned) - How could I not put him on this list after he exploded for in Week 11 for 5 catches, 109 yards and TD? He has Darnold's trust and has a solid floor in all leagues sizes. Before last week's debacle, he was received 8 targets for 6 catches and 50 yards. I'd say that's his floor with room for more.
2. Dallas Goedert (19% owned) - Despite being the backup to Ertz, Goedert is the #17 ranked TE in fantasy. He keeps producing consistently low-end numbers at a scarce position. Last week, he received 6 targets and turned that into 3 catches for 36 yards and a TD.
3. Cameron Brate (2% owned) - It seems that Winston has completely shifted his focus OFF of O.J. Howard and only has eyes for Brate. It's hard to argue that point when he received 14 targets in Week 11 vs 1 target for Howard. Add Brate in DEEP leagues.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 11 (60% or less)
1. Browns (48% owned) vs Dolphins
2. Titans (36% owned) vs Jaguars
3. Lions (7% owned) at Redskins
1. Nick Folk (29% owned) vs Cowboys
2. Jason Myers (27% owned) at Eagles
3. Younghoe Koo (4% owned) vs Buccaneers
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
Don't forget to subscribe to NewLifeFantasy.com mailing list and sign up as a member for FREE to get all updates from us. Also, please subscribe to Take A Ride Podcast and to our YouTube Channel. It helps us keep the site, podcast, and YouTube channel going.
God bless you and let's win Week 12 together!
Jacob W. Dunne