Week 15 Fantasy Football Dynasty Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Dec 16, 2019
If you're reading this, I assume you dominated your Week 14 opponent or had a bye week. Either way, congratulations on advancing! You've made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, and now it's time to see if there are better options available on your waiver wire. If you've made it THIS far, you probably don't need our help BUT if you are in need of a waiver wire pickup or streamer for your upcoming matchup, we've got you covered!
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less in Yahoo leagues who SHOULD be owned in more leagues. We discuss 3+ players per position that we think should be owned and started in both shallow AND deep leagues for Week 15.
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick (23% owned) - Do me a favor and check the amount of ATTEMPTS Fitzpatrick has taken in every game since Week 7... EXACTLY! The lowest amount of attempts he's taken is 34 with the highest being 45. FitzMAGIC keeps producing whether that be in garbage time or victory. He faces the Giants in Week 15, which is a GREAT spot for him to produce QB1 numbers. His style of play and matchup gives him a high floor with room for more.
2. Ryan Tannehill (47% owned) - Tannehill has been on another level since taking over the starting duties for the Titans. Last Sunday, Tannehill threw 27 times for 391 yards and 3 TDs. Next week should be a very competitive game as he goes up against the Texans at home. It wouldn't surprise me if the Titans are forced to lean on Tannehill to keep up in this game.
3. Gardner Minshew (15% owned) - See Tannehill. Tannehill faced the Raiders last Sunday and destroyed them through the air. Minshew should have a solid floor as he heads to Oakland to face that same team that was just carved up by Tannehill. Give him a shot if you are in need of a high floor QB streamer.
1. Patrick Laird (20% owned) - As the last man standing in the Miami backfield, Laird received 19 touches last week. 19! Give him a look if you are in need of a high floor FLEX with room for more. He faces a beatable Giants defense in Week 15.
2. Chris Thompson (11% owned) - Last Sunday, Thompson received 8 targets and turned that into 7 receptions for 43 yards. He is fully entrenched as the 3rd Down Back for a team that is always behind. He should have value in shallow and deep PPR leagues as he goes against the Eagles in Week 15.
3. Bo Scarbrough (41% owned) - Scarbrough is the safest play you will ever make. If you need a BANKABLE 6-8 points, Scarbrough is your man. Honestly, I would consider streaming him if you are projected to win big and you want to make sure you get guaranteed points.
4. Peyton Barber (22% owned) - The Buccaneers RB carousel keeps turning, and Peyton Barber seems to have the trust of Arians at the moment. It's a risk, but if you're desperate and need a RB with the potential of getting 10-12 touches, go ahead and stream Barber.
1. A.J. Brown (24% owned) - Let me show you Brown's stats from last Sunday: 7 targets for 5 receptions, 153 yards, and 2 TDs. Sheesh. As I said earlier, Tannehill should have to throw plenty to keep up in this game, which gives Brown a WR3 floor. Brown is an athletic freak who has the complete trust of Tannehill. Give him a shot if you need a WR3/FLEX.
2. Randall Cobb (30% owned) - Cobb has been a solid PPR FLEX/WR3 play over the last few weeks. He should continue that trend in Week 15 when the Cowboys welcome in the Rams. It wouldn't surprise me if this game turns into a shootout and Cobb is leaned on heavily by Dak to get him tough yards on multiple 3rd downs throughout the game.
3. Danny Amendola (33% owned) - Like Cobb, Amendola has been PPR dandy over the last few weeks, and he should continue to rack up catches for decent yards.
4. John Ross III (14% owned) - Ross is a VERY risky lottery ticket who could either BOOM or completely BUST. My money is on the latter, but if you are completely desperate in a deep league and you need to start multiple FLEX positions, I'd give Ross a shot and hope Dalton can connect with him on a deep bomb.
1. David Njoku (37% owned) - Njoku my have underwhelmed in his return back from injury last week, but that was expected after missing the last 10 games. The good news is that he KNOCKED THE RUST OFF and I fully expect him to take advantage of an Arizona Cardinals defense that is ranked DEAD last in guarding the TE position. Njoku is a lottery ticket that could help boost your team to the championship game.
2. Mike Gesicki (30% owned) - Based on the matchup alone, Gesicki is a solid pickup for those desperate at the TE position. The Giants have defended the TE well this season, but this should be a competitive game, which gives Gesicki a solid floor at a thin position.
3. Noah Fant (28% owned) - Before Fant went down with a foot injury, he was having himself a DAY. 4 targets for 4 receptions, 113 yards, and a TD. If the injury isn't serious and he's able to suit up next week, Fant should flirt with TE1 numbers against the Chiefs in Week 15.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 11 (60% or less)
1. Chiefs (30% owned) vs Broncos
2. Seahawks (41% owned) at Panthers
3. Giants (5% owned) vs Dolphins
1. Robbie Gould (21% owned) vs Falcons
2. Zane Gonzalez (38% owned) vs Browns
3. Austin Seibert (20% owned) at Cardinals
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
Don't forget to subscribe to NewLifeFantasy.com mailing list and sign up as a member for FREE to get all updates from us. Also, please subscribe to Take A Ride Podcast and to our YouTube Channel. It helps us keep the site, podcast, and YouTube channel going.
God bless you and let's win Week 15 together!
Jacob W. Dunne