Week 6 #Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Dec 19, 2019
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less of Yahoo leagues who should be owned. We have 3 players for each position that we think should be owned for Week 6 and beyond.
1. Gardner Minshew II (24% owned) - It's time to take this man seriously. Minshew is the #11 ranked fantasy QB for the season, and he isn't slowing down. He's a great deep league QB1 and solid streamer in plus matchups.
2. Kirk Cousins (41% owned) - Cousins is a more-than-serviceable QB when facing subpar defenses. If he was dropped, I'd add him and consider starting him against inferior defenses.
3. Sam Darnold (13% owned) - It sounds like Darnold will make his return this Sunday, and I really liked him coming into his sophomore season. He is getting playmaking TE Chris Herndon back this week to go along with Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, and Le'Veon Bell. He'll put up low-end QB1/high-end QB2 numbers the rest of the way.
1. Adrian Peterson (47% owned) - Any RB starting for an NFL team should be owned in all leagues no matter how bad the team is. Peterson is a low-end flex play against solid teams and RB2 against inferior teams (Note: he faces the Dolphins this Sunday).
2. Rex Burkhead (28% owned) - Even though he's been dealing with an injury as of late, he is expected back this week. Any piece of this Patriots offense I can have on my team and start in plus matchups is something I want on my team.
3. Chase Edmonds (3% owned) - Chase is the direct handcuff to David Johnson. The past few weeks, Johnson has been playing through a myriad of injuries. Just in case one of those injuries turns out to be more serious and Johnson misses any time, Edmonds will turn into a volume-based RB2.
1. Jamison Crowder (44% owned) - Back in Week 1, Darnold targeted Crowder 17 times! Darnold is coming back, so I expect Crowder to see 7-8 targets per game.
2. Mohamed Sanu (42% owned) - Despite not being flashy and a true WR1 or WR2, Sanu has been the model of consistency. Through the first 5 weeks, Sanu has averaged 7+ targets per game. Pick him up for his solid floor.
3. Dante Pettis (20% owned) - Pettis was everyone's favorite sleeper heading into the season. He suffered an injury late in the preseason, and it clearly slowed him down. He has been deemed fully healthy, and I'm willing to take a shot on him becoming Garoppolo's favorite target.
1. Chris Herndon (29% owned) - Herndon is a PLAYMAKER. He's coming back from suspension this week at the same time Darnold is coming back from his illness. This is a recipe for success! I'm adding him everywhere I can.
2. Gerald Everett (9% owned) - With Higbee being slowly phased out, Everett has been a key part of this high-octane offense. Any contributing piece of this Rams offense is worth your attention. Over the past two weeks, he's received 8+ targets. Last week he went off to the tune of 7 receptions for 136 yards. Goff likes him which means you should, too!
3. Dawson Knox (16% owned) - Knox is a promising rookie who is developing a nice rapport with Josh Allen. The Bills have a bye this week, so you wouldn't be able to start him until Week 7, but I would add him in deep leagues and see if that chemistry keeps getting stronger.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 6
1. Carolina (41% owned) at Buccaneers
2. Denver (29% owned) vs Titans
3. Washington (4% owned) at Dolphins
1. Josh Lambo (39% owned) vs Saints
2. Mike Nugent (26% owned) vs Giants
3. Matt Bryant (24% owned) at Cardinals
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
God bless everyone this week!
Jacob W Dunne