Week 7 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Nov 12, 2019
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less in Yahoo leagues who SHOULD be owned in more leagues. We discuss 3 players per position that we think should be owned in both shallow and deep leagues for Week 7 and beyond.
1. Josh Allen (50% owned) - Allen is coming off the bye week and entering a TASTY matchup at home against the lowly Dolphins. If he was dropped in your league, go ahead and pick him up and start him with confidence in Week 7. I'm expecting a Top-10 performance this week and he could EASILY be a Top-15 QB for the rest of the season.
2. Kirk Cousins (47% owned) - Cousins is coming off a monster game against a solid defense in Philadelphia. He's now strung together two solid games in a row, and he can now be relied on as a solid streaming option in matchups at home and against lowly defenses on the road.
3. Sam Darnold (16% owned) - Darnold came back from his illness to upset the Cowboys in Week 6. The Jets SORELY missed him, and he showed us that he can produce solid numbers with the help of his skill position players. He should be picked up in DEEP leagues as a possible starter. Fire him up as a solid streaming option during bye weeks.
1. Latavius Murray (48% owned) - Adding Murray would strictly be a high-end handcuff to Kamara. Kamara looked visibly hurt during last Sundays game at Jacksonville, and it's fair to wonder if the Saints will consider resting Kamara soon or in the near future. Murray would become a plug-and-play RB2 if Kamara were to miss time now or in the future.
2. Chase Edmonds (34% owned) - Johnson came away from Week 6 unscathed, but this was a committee backfield against the Falcons. For now, Edmonds remains a high-end handcuff for David Johnson, but he still has standalone value as a low-end FLEX play while Johnson is playing at less than 100%.
3. Mark Walton (4% owned) - Walton received A LOT of work in Week 6 and he didn't look bad! He was given 6 carries and 6 targets, which is nothing to sniff at. Since he is now getting the opportunity to produce in Miami, I would make the add in deep leagues and consider starting him in as a FLEX option during bye weeks and plus matchups.
1. Jamison Crowder (44% owned) - It's time to jump back on the Crowder bandwagon! Crowder is a target HOG when Darnold is the starting QB. In his first two games with Darnold, he has a total of 26 targets. WOW! He's an add in all leagues, ESPECIALLY in PPR leagues.
2. Auden Tate (23% owned) - Tate received 12 targets against the Ravens in Week 6, which is 5 more than any other Bengals skill position players. Anyone receiving 10+ targets needs your attention and added in all formats. Even though he only hauled in 5 out of 12 targets, he had 91 yards. He has the trust of Andy Dalton and will be relied upon in most games since they will be facing negative game scripts more often than not.
3. Darius Slayton (3% owned) - The 5th round rookie out of Auburn has received 5+ targets three out of the last four games. He has solid speed and appears to be the 2nd receiving option in this Giants offense. Take a flier on him in deep leagues, and see if he can turn in a solid game against the burnable Arizona defense in Week 7.
1. Dawson Know (8% owned) - The rookie out of Ole Miss has been impressive this year. He is quickly gaining the trust of Josh Allen, and he has a chance to put up solid numbers the rest of the way at a very thin position.
2. Jordan Akins (9% owned) - It's tough to rely on Akins as an every-week starting option, but he can be trusted to provide a low-end floor at a thin position. He can be used as a solid streaming option during the upcoming bye weeks.
3. Ricky Seals-Jones (3% owned) - Seals-Jones seems to have the trust of Baker Mayfield in this erratic, unpredictable offense. Seals-Jones is strictly a streaming TE during bye weeks in hopes he hits paydirt. Since Njoku went down in Week 2, Seals-Jones has 7 catches for 143 yards and two TDs. He's a deep league dart throw.
BONUS👀 Hunter Henry (62% owned) - NEEDS TO BE UNIVERSALLY OWNED & STARTED!
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 7 (60% or less)
1. Saints (60% owned) at Bears
2. Packers (52% owned) vs Raiders
3. Giants (4% owned) vs Cardianls
1. Jason Myers (57% owned) vs Ravens
2. Brett Maher (56% owned) vs Giants
3. Dan Bailey (12% owned) at Lions
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
God bless everyone this week!
Jacob W Dunne