Week 8 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups
Updated: Nov 12, 2019
In this article, we're going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less in Yahoo leagues who SHOULD be owned in more leagues. We discuss 3 players per position that we think should be owned in both shallow and deep leagues for Week 8 and beyond.
1. Jacoby Brissett (48% owned) - Brissett is coming off a monster game in which he threw 326 yards and 4 TDs. He's as consistent as they get at the quarterback position. He's already had his bye week so he can be started or streamed for the rest of the season.
2. Sam Darnold (33% owned) - Darnold's schedule the next 7 weeks can't get ANY easier. He faces the Jaguars in Week 8 then he gets the Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, and Dolphins. With the talented skill players around him, he can be streamed comfortably for the next several weeks.
3. Teddy Bridgewater (16% owned) - Bridgewater has been surprisingly consistent since Brees went down with an injury. It's been reported that Brees is eyeing a return in Week 8, but if he decides to sit out one more week, Bridgewater is a safe option in deep leagues facing the Cardinals at home this week.
1. Chase Edmonds (47% owned) - I discussed adding Edmonds in last week's waiver wire article and I ALSO suggested streaming him last week. Well, that worked nicely! I don't think anyone saw that blowup game happening, but David Johnson's injury is mysterious and there is no clarity on the severity. Johnson didn't get a single touch after his first carry yesterday. Add Edmonds everywhere.
2. Derrius Guice (30% owned) - Guice is returning to practice this week and needs to be on your radar. He is worth a speculative add despite playing for the lowly Redskins. He has a ton of talent and offers upside for the rest of the season.
3. Ty Johnson (4% owned) - Well, this add is for BOTH shallow and deep leagues. Ty Johnson has been the handcuff for Kerryon Johnson since the preseason, and now he needs to be added everywhere just in case Kerryon's injury is serious.
1. Auden Tate (38% owned) - Tate has been quietly consistent since taking over #2 WR duties in Cincinnati. Since Week 2, he's never had less than 6 targets per game. There have been talks about AJ Green returning soon, but until we see definitive word, I am adding Tate to my team as depth and possibly starting him in the right matchups.
2. Cole Beasley (23% owned) - ANOTHER 6 targets for Beasley this week. You can almost guarantee that he will get more than 5 targets a game for the rest of the season. He needs to be picked up in all PPR leagues.
3. Kenny Stills (12% owned) - With Fuller going down yesterday, Stills needs to be on everyone's radar as the deep threat replacement in this offense.
1. Chris Herndon (29% owned) - Herndon has been a maddening case this season. We picked him up when his suspension was almost over THEN we had our hopes dashed due to injury. I'm still picking him up to see if he can come back healthy for Week 8.
2. Vance McDonald (49% owned) - McDonald has been very disappointing so far this season. With the TE pool so scarce, I'm taking a shot on him with the Steelers coming off the bye week and seeing if he can right the ship.
3. Dallas Goedert (13% owned) - Over the last two weeks, Goedert has been targeted 12 times and he has turned that into 117 yards and a TD. I'm not going crazy, but in a deep league, he's worth a look.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 8 (60% or less)
1. Steelers (46% owned) vs Dolphins
2. Colts (12% owned) vs Broncos
3. Lions (9% owned) vs Giants
1. Matt Prater (57% owned) vs Giants
2. Zane Gonzalez (56% owned) at Saints
3. Dan Bailey (15% owned) vs Redskins
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
God bless everyone this week!
Jacob W Dunne